Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bad mood + time in studio painting = MUCH better mood :)

I didn't think anything was going to cure my cruddy mood today, but I guess there's nothing that a few hours painting won't fix :)  The smell of oil and turpentine, Dar Williams on the shuffle, and a new painting nearly done.  Nice way to end a Saturday.

Here's a pic of my most recently finished painting (no, not the one I was working on today - I'm still not 100% that one is complete).  This is a sweet little thing I painted a few months ago just to work out all the cobwebs and get used to moving paint around on canvas again.  Turned out better than I thought for a practice run and I kinda like it.  Much smaller than my old work, but I think that is something I'm going to have to get used to (5 foot x 7 foot paintings just don't make sense they way they seemed to in college when all the materials were free and I didn't have to plan ahead to where they would actually go once I was done!)

Enjoy!  Happy weekend :)

                                              "Swimming" oil on canvas, 2010, 16" x 12.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment